APRIL 16, 2020
POTTAWATTAMIE COUNTY COVID-19 UPDATE
As of Thursday, April 16, Pottawattamie County Public Health remains at a total of eighteen COVID-19 cases, eleven of which have recovered, four are self-isolating at home, two are hospitalized, and we’ve had one death.
The State of Iowa has released an updated website at coronavirus.iowa.gov. The website features a dashboard that will be updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard contains cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state will also be providing demographic information that was not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve. The website also provides information on COVID-19 symptoms, preventions, proclamations, FAQs, hotlines, and additional resources.
According to HealthData.org, COVID-19 is still projected to peek in Iowa around May 5. The Health Department is emphasizing the importance of continued social distancing, hand washing, and disinfecting surfaces.
The best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is to stay at home as much as possible. Only leave home for essential reasons. Do not visit big box stores except for essential grocery and pharmaceutical needs. If you must leave home, practice social distancing, and stay at least six feet away from others. Implement excellent hygiene and disinfectant practices. Wash hands and disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times per day. Isolate if you are
If you have COVID-19 symptoms or develop symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), contact your healthcare provider before going to the doctor’s office or an emergency room.
- Pottawattamie County EMA COVID-19
- State of Iowa Coronavirus Dashboard
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Iowa COVID-19 Hotline: 2-1-1 or 1-800-244-7431
- Pottawattamie County Emergency Management Agency COVID-19 Hotline: 712-890-5368 or 712-890-5369
- Hope 4 Iowa Crisis Hotline: 844-673-4469
- Your Life Iowa - Every Day Life Support: Call 855-581-8111 or Text 855-895-8398 or visit www.yourlifeiowa.org
- Methodist Health System Hotline and Screening Tool: 402-815-SICK (7425)
- CHI Health Hotline: Visit www.chihealth.com for information
Media Contact: Ashley Kruse, Communications Officer, City of Council Bluffs, 712-318-9000